HANDOVER SORTED - 1 year and 1 day!

Day 299 - Painting error?

(Mon 22/08)

Dropped in on Fri afternoon last week for a look at tilers efforts. Very happy. He has completed all wall/floor tiles in the Bathrooms, Ensuite, and grouted them also. Looks great. Photos to come.
At the time I noticed that the ceiling was not 'true' white. I noticed this as the ceiling registers for the heating/cooling are white as I requested but were contrasted by the ceiling colour.
Basically, I discovered that the only room where the paint has been done as per Colour Schedule is the Garage!
We only get 2 colours with NBG, so we chose Builders White (Pure White) to the Internal Doors, Architraves, Skirting Boards, Ceiling and cornice. The Walls were to be in Luscious White (Wattyl A17W) Somehow the have managed to paint everything in Luscious White, including the ceiling!
I wrote an email to builder expressing my concern, he called me back immediately and sent me a scan of a note he had scribbled on the Colour Document, dated before my accident, stating that I had agreed to Luscious White to the ceiling and walls and Semi-Gloss to other areas. My dispute is that even if I had agreed to Semi-gloss to other areas, did that mean semi-gloss Luscious White. He had even made a note highlighting Wattyl Builders White. IMO, it should be crossed out all together if it wasn't to be used. Therefore we have a little problem on our hands. I pointed out to him that all the changes I had made, that I had made him a copy of and asked why I didn't have a copy of this change he had marked up.
Anyway, I have offered to cough up some of the money, as blame cannot be placed on either of us totally. He has been more than reasonable to date and I don't want to stuff things up with him this close to handover. Let's see where we go from here.

Any suggestions? Please comment with yours, as I am at a loss what to do!

No comments:

Post a Comment