HANDOVER SORTED - 1 year and 1 day!

Day 155 - Brickies Completed!

(Friday 31/03/2011)
I am sorry for the lack of updates in the past weeks. I have kept away from site as I got the impression from the brickies that I my presence was not appreciated, so I left them alone. I didn't go on site for over a week, nor drive past. Just left them to their devices.
They have done a great job. Only 2 things noted with builder at our site meeting today.
1. Laundry door sill is out of square with brick sill. They had to remove door for some reason and when they've put it back, damaged the mounts and put it back out of square.
2. Brick pillars for the Portico at the front, Builder forgot that there are wall lights to be mounted on them. There was no electrical wiring done. Now the bricks have been done, he has a problem on his hands. He said he will have to wear this one. Not sure how he intends to get the wire down 700mm to the spot where light is to be mounted!

Scaffolding is still up. Solar panel, Evap cooler, Heating unit will be installed on the 7th April.
Brick cleaning is booked for Tuesday 5th April.
I am going to install the TV antenna after these have been done.

I have also decided to go with Gutter protection on the 2nd storey only. The gutters are already full after only 8 weeks with the roof on! I went with All Clear Leafguard. It was the only one where you don't actually see the product and it is also made of colorbond steel, to match gutters.
Cost me just over $2k but I got quotes for gutter cleaning for over $150 a pop. Would need to be done at least 3 times a year. Was a no brainer.

PHOTOS TO COME!

No comments:

Post a Comment