HANDOVER SORTED - 1 year and 1 day!

Day 161 - Bricks cleaned up top & framing mistake discovered!

(Wed 06/04)
Bricks were cleaned on 2nd Storey and the 2x Whirlybirds installed, one of which was not installed correctly and will have to be fixed. Doesn't spin properly.
Scaffold will be raised in 2 locations tomorrow ready for the Solar Panel, Gas Heater and Evap. cooler installation.
Builder called me a few days ago to discuss adding 2 extra voids for heating/cooling. I was a bit distressed, as we paid extra to include a bulkhead with 2, 600x690mm voids, specifically for this purpose and were told by NBG that these were sufficient. The heating/cooling people thought these were not enough.
I suggested that we meet with them onsite to see if we could avoid these extra voids, as one was in my daughters bedroom WIR!

I went to check upstairs as something didn't seem right. I discovered that not only were the voids we paid extra for the wrong size, but the whole bulkhead was 1600mm short. As a result, the Library door opening was in the wrong location also. Builder just happened to call me when I was looking at this mistake and he raced over to meet with me.
We discovered that when it will be fixed, no extra voids will be required.

 Bricks cleaned upstairs


 Bricks cleaned upstairs

No comments:

Post a Comment