HANDOVER SORTED - 1 year and 1 day!

Day 317 - Weekly wrap

(Fri 09-09)

Decided not to go onsite until this weekend. Every time I drive past I get anxious as the build seems to be going nowhere. What was supposed to happen this week was:

- All stone benchtops installed on Monday, they weren't - Kitchen & only one bathroom went in Thurs

- Shelving/wardrobes to be rectified - they weren't

- Vacusweep model & colour - it was done but it's still the wrong model!!!!

- Painters to repaint everything except walls in the right colour, they started on Thurs

- Splashback measure to be done. Was supposed to be done last week but was still not done this week

There is still a bit to do before completion:
Electrical fitout, plumbing fitout, shower screens, termite protection, HWS install, commissioning of heating & evap cooling unit, commissioning of garage doors and all of the things on our defect list.

Ralph from NBG called me. This was a total surprise and came out of the blue. He asked how we were enjoying our new home. That question gives you some idea of the total lack of communication which exists at NBG. Unbelievable. I then proceeded to tell him of the 6 major faults with our build and that it was my intention to act on them once we were in the house. I am not sure he was too happy about this.

Builder has also indicated that Electrical fitout will happen next week and I am to provide all my fittings to him by Wednesday. I will kindly remind him that he will not be getting them or fitting them until the house can be locked up securely, as anything I provide is not covered under his insurance.

Anyway, I will get some photos this weekend. Have got to scoot as I am meeting a 3rd concreter to quote on the driveway.




No comments:

Post a Comment