HANDOVER SORTED - 1 year and 1 day!

Day 328 - 2 out of 3 aint bad, is it?

(Tue 20/09)

I said after I sustained my injury and endured the post-op complications that I wanted 3 things before my birthday (today)
1. to walk unaided
2. to drive a car
3. to have a house finished and be in

No need to guess which one hasn't been fulfilled.

Anyway, last Fri the Termiguard barrier was installed.
The sparkys have fitted off most of the points/switches and there is many problems which I have found with their install. Double GPOs have been fitted as singles, lights in the wrong position, dimmer switches missing. This makes me a little nervous, as the place is not live yet. Wonder what will happen when they connect up the power live to these locations.
They even moved the location of the wall lights from a spot which had been clearly marked, without even discussing it with me!
So far, the only trade which hasn't stuffed up is the plumbers. They were there yesterday just before 8am. I delivered our fittings and put them where they were to be installed.
I will check that out this morning.

Also finally got onto the council engineer regarding the relocation of the crossover by 2-3mt. I have to mark that up today and he will drive by to give me pre-approval. (I hope)
I think at this rate, if we get handover this month, we won't have a driveway or crossover either.
Items remaining to finish off (apart from my defect list)
- shower screens
- carpet
- oven/rangehood/dishwasher
- glass splashback
- remaining tiling in kitchen/understair cupboard/toilet skirts
- 1x wardrobe fitout
- Hot water service
- remaining electrical


No comments:

Post a Comment