HANDOVER SORTED - 1 year and 1 day!

Day 323 - It's all too much now.....

(Thu 15/09)

Another week almost passes and a lot has happened. Getting closer (I hope!)

Builder and painters were there first thing Monday morning. Builder has now secured the site properly, after a request from me. strangely enough but the painters also told me only today that over the weekend that all their paint had been stolen from the living room floor!

- All stone benchtops are now in place
- Re-painting has almost been completed
- Electrical fit off has begun and will be finished early next week
- Termiguard barrier booked to be installed tomorrow
- Rangehood has been marked up for the glass splashback fitting

I spent the day there on yesterday with the sparky going through all our supplied fittings and trying to find a missing cable in the garage cavity (floor joist side of course!). I spent about 1.5hrs looking for it and in the end we decided to run another cable. Lucky I have got a manhole on the other side of the garage roof.

Today a different tiler came to complete the wall tiles. He has mistakenly tiled in the area outside the kids bathroom! Not happy.

Sparky broke 2 of my supplied light fittings and asked me if I would replace them. I said that I didn't have time and as they were just a standard item from any electrical wholesaler that he could order replacements himself.

I spoke to builder this afternoon regarding a few of these matters and his response was not a happy one. Basically he told me he is over this build and my involvement and wants me to butt out from now on. He thinks I am hindering progress and that I don't trust him. I thought that I was helping him by informing him of these issues as he would have to call trades back to fix them later, ultimately costing him more time/money.
In any case, I accepted his new terms without regress and will not be entering the site unless he is present or a prior arrangement has been made by him.
It is unfortunate that it has gone down this path but I feel I may have overstepped the mark a little. I do however believe that this house is pretty low on his priority list and has been for some time now, which I find disappointing.

Monday I have been asked to meet onsite with the Plumber with all our plumbing fittings. I guess I will see how things lie then.




No comments:

Post a Comment