HANDOVER SORTED - 1 year and 1 day!

Day 336 - 3 weeks to go, yeah right?

(Wed 28/09) I really don't think that any builder should even mention a times until they are absolutely sure of when handover is going to be. 10 days ago he told us 3 weeks. I reckon there's at least another 2 weeks left, given the excruciatingly slow pace of late. I am sure he has been let down by his trades in this case. From what I can see, all that has been done in 10 days is to repaint under eaves (brick cleaning left a brown mould like residue on them) and do a little electrical work, cut out ready for the glass splashback and rangehood install and do a bit of tiling. Maybe there's more done but I am not allowed onsite anymore, so I can't see. Builder has asked me to meet him on Fri afternoon and install and move some lights and do a walk around. Will I be getting a credit back for the work i perform, as I have paid sparky for this, over $2000 in variations! I also pickup the replacement downllights they broke today and I will be getting back a credit for these as well. Meter box looks very unprofessional. Instead of all MCBs clearly labelled, they have all been scribbled above/below in felt tip pen! What happened to labels which came with meter box and MCBs? You can see how pissed off I am. So close, yet so far. Maybe we will be in for Cup Long Weekend! Some good news. Council have pre-approved the widening/relocation of the street crossover. So far have 1 quote to concrete this, another on the way. $2895 for first quote.

No comments:

Post a Comment