HANDOVER SORTED - 1 year and 1 day!

Day 366 - WE GOT THERE FINALLY

(Fri 28/10)

HANDOVER AT LAST.
There was no communication with the builder from Wed afternoon until i received a return text on Thursday evening to confirm handover at 3pm Today.
I got a call from him today just before lunchtime saying that the power had been cut to the property by the power company. Since he had organised a final meter read for the property on Wed and no one had called up to say the property was settled, they cut it off!
I spent about 3 hours on the phone at work and got three different stories, so did my wife and the builder. Anyway, the outcome is that there would be no power until Cup Day! Later changed to Monday 31st, then later changed to Friday night/Sat morning.
In any case we agreed to handover, pending checks on the heating, cooling, alarm, spa and other builder supplied appliances later.
Handover went smoothly, apart from no power. Only a few things weren't done but agreed that they were to go onto the 3 month list.
We were really happy to get in there I can tell you.
Blog will continue post handover, and yes, I have taken photos but I can't get them off my new iPhone to the iPad for uploading to the blog. Bloody apple.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Andrew,
    Many thanks for your useful information that you posted in your blog,
    I hope you have a lovely moments with your family there.
    i read almost all your posts related to construction of your house and learnt several different aspects.
    Good Luck

    ReplyDelete