HANDOVER SORTED - 1 year and 1 day!

Day 7 - Still moving in slowly

(Fri 04/11)
Photos are finally here! See below...but read on first for updates.
We have been pretty busy slowly moving in. Most of our boxes are in but I have hired a truck on Monday/Tuesday next week to get the big, heavy stuff sorted with my Dad. The truck has an electric tailgate, so should be easier at least.

I have found a few things which weren't right after handover, and since there was no power at handover, there was no way of checking. The heating system doesn't work at all downstairs. I looked into this and the contractor said it hadn't even been commissioned! That would be the reason. Nice of the builder to tell me that before handover. They are booked in next week to commission it.
The alarm system was faulty, or so I thought. Once again, it hadn't been commissioned! They came out and sorted this for me on Wednesday. The guy was really helpful and showed me everything about it and set up some extra features for me.

I had the gutter guard installed on Wednesday also. A must in this area - trees everywhere.

The kids bedroom electric roller shutters were measured up this week also. They will be about 2 weeks away. Blinds are still 3-4 weeks away! Wife has put up some plastic/foam sheets for now.

The kids love the new house, although the trampoline is yet to be picked up from storage.

We chose the driveway/path colour from Mentone Premix on Sunday. Nice. See photo.

Photos as promised below, all 24 of them! Still missing some rooms, will get onto that quicksmart!



Drive/path colour


Gutter guard


Kitchen/Walk in pantry/storage


Kitchen bench. Sorry about the mess!


Family/Loungeroom


Stairwell. Like my LED wall lights?


Outside kids bathroom (cabinetry) and Bed 2 behind


Master WIR


My Wall plate handy work


Master Ensuite Shower/toilet


Master Ensuite


Master Gentlemans Wardrobe


Master Windows looking West


Bed 2 Looking North


Bed 3 Looking North


 Library/Study Looking NE


Family room upstairs


 Family room upstairs - looking South


Family room storage & Wall lights


Kids Bathroom


Kids bathrooom bath spa & spout


Kids Bathroom shower


2 comments: