HANDOVER SORTED - 1 year and 1 day!

Day 48 - Site cleaned, dirt levelled & timber delivered

Site was cleaned and a little dingo was used to move and level dirt due to limited access down the side.
Some of the storm water risers were cut off and capped below ground level. They managed to bury 3 of the silt pits entirely -  fortunately they marked their position before they did. I am assuming these silt pits will be extended in height so they are visible at ground level eventually?

It seems that my retaining wall will not be as high as I expected. I had allowed for a 600mm high wall down the North boundary but it will only be 2 sleepers in height now, approx 400mm, with 150mm of sleeper to be below ground level. It also seems that I will not have to bother continue the wall down the rear of the alfresco area either, however I will have to construct a small retaining wall to the rear of the single garage roller door if I want a vehicle to be able to be driven through there.

Timber was delivered for framing which is to start before Christmas now. I am told that the builders contractors will be working through the 4 week traditional 'break' most tradies enjoy, so I could expect a roof to be installed by mid-Jan approx.

I had a friend in the industry check the place out after slab had cured. Only 2 small things he picked up:
1. Water pipe main to house is only 20mm. Not sure if this matters, as according to Yarra Valley Water, 20mm or 25mm pipe can be used. Pressure is very good at the tap, so I don't see it as an issue.

2. Two of the slab risers have not been treated with the part-A termite barrier collars etc. One is an electrical conduit which I believe does not penetrate underneath slab anyway, the other it the main meterbox penetration at the edge of slab. Not sure whether this matters as it is so close to edge anyway and will be covered by the Part-B reticulated system eventually?

Builder has been paid duly for the Base 10% Progress payment and he also met me on site last Sat 11/12 for about an hour to discuss the retaining wall works I will be undertaking post Christmas.

All Levelled out - Portico area


All Levelled out


All Levelled out - North side

 
All Levelled out - Alfresco rear


Timber for framing!

No comments:

Post a Comment