HANDOVER SORTED - 1 year and 1 day!

Day 56 - Bricks delivered

My Dad and I were measuring up for the retaining wall when the Boral truck arrived with the bricks for the garage area, all 4140 of them, which need to be layed before any more framing work can continue.
I am very happy with the colour and finish of the bricks delivered in my batch, as I am aware that Lots/Batches can differ significantly in colour/finish from the Boral display centre. They are Boral 'Orient' from the Horizon Riverside range of Clay Bricks.

I also found a small framing error. The fridge cavity is supposed to be 1240mm wide when finished. ie all plaster & skirting on etc. It measures that now between the studs, which means that it's about 40mm too narrow! I am meeting builder on site tomorrow morning to discuss this and other small things of note, including the final plan for the retaining wall.

I am also having grave concerns about the Triple Garage Door arrangements in regard to accessability due to the tight curvature of the driveway to the crossover (eventually)
At present, the Double Roller Door is on the LHS and the Single, the RHS. If I can, I will swap these over, so that it will be easier for my wife and her big 4WD to get in the Garage! The Builder is looking at this for me this evening. Fingers crossed.

The retaining wall will now be only 24mt in length and 400mm in height (2 sleepers), and run along the North fence only. The length and height reduction due to the site fill after slab and drainage works have been completed. Less work for Dad and I.


First pallet of Bricks



First pallet of Bricks

 

First pallet of Bricks 

 

All done!

No comments:

Post a Comment