HANDOVER SORTED - 1 year and 1 day!

Day 225 - Panic stations!

(Thu 09-06)

Got a phone call from the builder last night - the plasterers are starting today! I had organised a close mate of mine and the wife to help over the long weekend to do my extra insulation. I now find myself in a bit of a spot. I have already purchased 7x bags of R4.1 for the Alfresco ceiling and Garage (70m2 approx.) and had to go to storage to get it last night and deliver it to site. I arranged some time off work and met up with Builder and labourer after lunch today armed with my 10x bags of Acoustic insulation for upstairs and pipes downstairs (approx. 60m2) Builder was kind enough to see my predicament. He and his labourer insulated the Garage and Alfresco while I did the Acoustic upstairs. Plaster was going up as I layed the insulation, literally!
I ran out of R4.1 & Acoustic so I ducked up to the local insulation place and paid through the nose for 4x bags R4.1& 1x Acoustic!
I'm lucky I mentioned to the Builder about the missing insulation in the Guest WIR & Ensuite and it was just as well I did, as he had forgotten, I paid for the missing insulation and I guess I will get a credit for that later?

Telstra installer came today and replaced the bent conduit (compliments of the gas line crew) and installed the NTD grey box to the wall and connected up my line to the street pit.




Extra R4.1 - Entire Garage ceiling & part Alfresco ceiling
R2.0 Soundsmart Acoustic - Laundry/Living Wall and Guest ceiling (pipework above)





R2.0 Soundsmart Acoustic -Bed3/Toilet, Bed2/Family, Bed2/Library & Ens WC/Stairs



R4.1 in Garage ceiling 



R4.1 in ceiling above Alfresco 



Bed2/Family Acoustic Insulation done!



Soundsmart Insulation ready to go into walls Shower/WC in Ensuite



Telstra NTD & Coax, coiled, ready for Foxtel

No comments:

Post a Comment