HANDOVER SORTED - 1 year and 1 day!

Day 78 & 79 - Rain, Rain and more rain!

Poor brickies had a particularly stop/start couple of days where not much was achieved.
The rain was ridiculous to say the least. They only got about half a days work done in three days. On Day 79 (Friday 14/01) I inspected (in the rain) the work to date. No photos were taken unfortunately. I was unhappy with the job on the pillar to the RHS of the entry so I contacted builder to discuss my concerns. Basically, the bricks did not look straight in quite a number of spots and the mortar thickness was not consistent. Being right at the front door, I was a little concerned. The builder called me back after out initial conversation and explained that one reason for the uneven bricks was due to the fact that the bricks were wire cut bricks and can be as much as 4mm out of square! We must have got a dud batch. I was still a little concerned, as the mortar thickness in some spots was really noticeable.
Builder organised for me to meet up with bricky onsite tomorrow (Sat 15/01) to discuss concerns as he was away for weekend.
Sorry no photos

No comments:

Post a Comment