HANDOVER SORTED - 1 year and 1 day!

Day 83 - Structural Steel in position

A lot was achieved today. The steel structural beams and lintels were placed in position. The site was cleared of most of the rubbish. The framing timber, yellow tongue flooring and LVL floor joists were delivered also.
The builder called me @0830 to discuss site access whilst beams are being installed and gave me a general update on progress.
I did a 'dummy' run this morning, parking in the street and walking to the station. It took exactly 11 minutes from doorstep to the front carriage. It really cemented in one of the deciding factors in our decision to buy in this area in the first place.
When I got home, an email was waiting from the builder with a detailed progess update. I must say I'm very impressed with the level of contact we have enjoyed with him to date. A very open line of communication exists, which is great.

Garage lintels/and beams



LVLs and Yellow Tongue flooring in foreground



Single car garage lintel

No comments:

Post a Comment